National Institutes of Health and other Public Health Service
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Public Health Service (PHS) agencies use Grants.gov for proposal submissions. Once you have chosen the funding opportunity, you will download the appropriate grant application package. Instructions on how to open and use the forms in the package are on the package's cover sheet. Agency specific requirements will be available for download when you download the application package. You will need a compatible version of Adobe Reader to apply for grants using Grants.gov (See the Grants.gov Adobe Reader Capability page for information.
- SF424 (R&R) Application and Electronic Submission Information (Link)
- SF424 (R&R) Application Guide for NIH and Other PHS Agencies (PDF)
- PHS Grant Application Guidelines (PHS 398) (PDF)
- SF424 (R&R) Other Project Information Instructions (PDF)
Other Federal Agencies
In addition to the PHS and the NIH, a majority of other federal agencies, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) use the Grants.gov system. The application package will provide detailed instructions on the forms needed.
Electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP)
- eBRAP User Guide (PDF)
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Noncompeting Continuation Instructions (PDF)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Grants.gov Application Guide (PDF)