Jump to section:
Research, Innovation & Impact (RII) and University Information Technology Services (UITS) have started work on a project to upgrade UAccess Research (UAR) to Kuali Research software as a service (SaaS). With the SaaS model, Kuali will maintain any software changes and as a result, UArizona will benefit from new functionality as it is developed in the software.
A campus experience group consisting of research administrators across campus meet regularly to provide input on Kuali Research support processes and configurations. Campus training will be available in summer 2021 and will be tailored to your use of the system.
What it means to you?
Upgrading to Kuali Research will:
- Deliver new features and fixes in our research administration system as soon as they are available.
- Provide a more modern look and feel for UA faculty and staff.
- Allow the entry of research budgets in a standardized tool, to improve accuracy and reduce administrative time to create and review budgets.
- Enable UA to use system to system (S2S) submission of federal Grants.gov proposals to reduce duplication of proposal data entry.
- Project kick-off.
- Formation of a campus experience group of research administration community members to provide input on process improvements and system configurations.
- Set-up of UArizona Kuali Research test environments.
- Initial testing of data that will come forward from our current system.
- Integration with UArizona’s person information.
Coming up next
- Set-up and testing of budget builder features.
- Prepare for update of campus Analytics reports.
Campus Experience Advisors are experienced hands-on users who collect and express preferences on behalf of research administration system users in their colleges. This group helps explore and test new functionality, provide the campus perspective to define campus training needs and assists with local peer-to-peer training.
- Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services, Susan Mundt
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Rachel Crookston
- College of Education, Zach Sbragia
- College of Engineering, Vincent Borleske
- College of Humanities, Gennady Sare
- College of Optical Sciences, Laura Ross
- College of Science, Alicia Cool
- College of Science (Space Sciences), Jennifer Pierson
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Erica Ortiz
- Research, Innovation & Impact, Shana McClelland
- University of Arizona Health Sciences, Sarah Clarke