Jump to section:
Research, Innovation & Impact (RII) and University Information Technology Services (UITS) have started work on a project to upgrade UAccess Research (UAR) to Kuali Research software as a service (SaaS). With the SaaS model, Kuali will maintain any software changes and as a result, UArizona will benefit from new functionality as it is developed in the software.
A campus experience group consisting of research administrators across campus meet regularly to provide input on Kuali Research support processes and configurations. Campus training will be available in summer 2021 and will be tailored to your use of the system.
What it means to you?
Upgrading to Kuali Research will:
- Deliver new features and fixes in our research administration system as soon as they are available.
- Provide a more modern look and feel for UA faculty and staff.
- Discussions are ongoing with a campus experience group of research administration community members to provide input on process improvements and system configurations.
- Refinement of UArizona Kuali Research test system settings.
- A second round of testing data that will come forward from our current system.
- Integration with UArizona’s person information.
Coming up next
- Prepare for update of campus Analytics reports.
- Integration with UArizona's Conflict of Interest and IRB system.
- Integration to display Conflict of Interest training data in Kuali Research proposals.
- Development of campus training materials.
Campus Experience Advisors are experienced hands-on users who collect and express preferences on behalf of research administration system users in their colleges. This group helps explore and test new functionality, provide the campus perspective to define campus training needs and assists with local peer-to-peer training.
- Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services, Susan Mundt
- Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services (Training) Shana McClelland
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Rachel Crookston
- College of Education, Zach Sbragia
- College of Engineering, Vincent Borleske
- College of Humanities, Gennady Sare
- College of Optical Sciences, Laura Ross
- College of Science, Alicia Cool
- College of Science (Space Sciences), Jennifer Pierson
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Erica Ortiz
- Research, Innovation & Impact, Donna Sloan
- University of Arizona Health Sciences, Sarah Clarke