The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) provides several subject-specific online courses in the responsible conduct of research. Completing the RCR course takes about 2 hours and fulfills the core requirement for all RCR Certificates. (The core requirement may also be fulfilled by attending the Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research workshop.)
NOTE: CITI's RCR training is separate from CITI's Human Research training. While the two programs have some overlap, they are distinct from one another. You may need to complete one or both, depending on your situation. Please contact Research Training Services or the Human Subjects Protection Program if you have questions.
Please follow these guidelines for completing the CITI RCR training:
2. Log in to the CITI site and select “View Courses” for the University of Arizona, then scroll to the bottom and select “Add a Course”.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the checkbox for "Responsible Conduct of Research", then select “Next”.
4. Select the RCR topic that most closely matches your role/area of study, then select "Next".
5. You will be returned to your Active Courses page. Scroll down and locate the training, then select “Start Now”.
6. Select “Start” for the first training module. Once complete, subsequent modules will be available to “Start”.
7. Once complete, email your proof of completion to Research-Training@email.arizona.edu and we'll update your learning record in the UAccess Learning system.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Research Training Services by email or call 520-626-8757.