The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) provides several subject-specific online courses in the responsible conduct of research. Completing the RCR course takes about 2 hours and fulfills the core requirement for all RCR Certificates. (The core requirement may also be fulfilled by attending the Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research workshop.)
NOTE: CITI's RCR training is separate from CITI's Human Research training. While the two programs have some overlap, they are distinct from one another. You may need to complete one or both, depending on your situation. Please contact Research Training Services or the Human Subjects Protection Program if you have questions.
Please follow these guidelines for completing the CITI RCR training:
2. Log in to the CITI site and select “View Courses” for the University of Arizona, then scroll to the bottom and select “Add a Course”.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the checkbox for "Responsible Conduct of Research", then select “Next”.
4. Select the radio button for "Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) - Basic" and select "Next".
5. You will be returned to your Active Courses page. Scroll down and locate the training, then select “Start Now”.
6. Select “Start” for the first training module. Once complete, subsequent modules will be available to “Start”.
7. Once complete, your training record will be updated in the EDGE Learning system within 24 hours.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Research Training Services by email or call 520-626-8757.