Award Cycle: Annual
Limit on Proposals per PI: One submission per individual
Next Due Date: October 23, 2017
Earliest Start Date: December 1, 2017
Award Period: One year from start date
Applications: Accepted through UA CompetitionSpace.
Description: In 2009, the University of Arizona Foundation established this fellowship in honor of George H. Davis, Executive Vice President and Provost at the University of Arizona from 2000 to 2007. The fellowship defrays costs associated with invited participation in prestigious national or international conferences, lectureships, exhibitions, and the like. It is intended to increase visibility and networking opportunities, and to provide timely recognition in research, scholarship, and creative activities. Funds can be used for travel, accommodations, and scholarly preparation of products emanating from the experience.
Eligibility: Tenure-eligible faculty within their first four years at the UA, in any field.
Other Program Details: Within one month of the award's end date, the PI must submit a final report via UA Competition Space. This report will describe the proposed activity and any outcomes associated with the investigator's research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Review and Selection Process: A panel of faculty peers will review proposals. PIs should write proposals that are understandable to an interdisciplinary audience. The following criteria will be considered:
- Evidence of the proposed activity to initiate or expand research, scholarship, or creative activity
- Significance of the proposed effort and potential impact
Application and Submission Instructions: Proposals must be submitted through UA Competition Space by 5:00 pm MST on October 23, 2017. If you have not used this system, please see the instructions on the right side of UA Competition Space’s home page. It is strongly encouraged that you submit your application prior to 4:00 pm MST as the system will close precisely at 5:00 pm MST.
The following are required:
- Proposal request under 1,000 words
- Updated CV
- Budget and justification
- Documentation of invitation
- Letter of recommendation
- Dr. Corey Abramson, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Dr. Christine Berry, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Dr. Paige Scalf, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Beth Weinstein, Assistant Professor of Architecture
- Dr. Emma Blake, Assistant Professor of Anthropology and
- Dr. Jeff Sallaz, Assistant Professor of Sociology