The below resources are available to assist you in navigating the many facets of managing competing interests. If you have a specific question or need assistance, please do not hesitant to contact the COI Office at email@example.com or (520) 626-6406.
General Information on Managing Competing Interests
- What We Do provides information on what the COI Office does and the services that we provide.
- Compliance Map provides an overview of how to comply with UArizona's Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment policies.
- COC v COI provides an overview of the primary differences between Conflicts of Commitment (COC) and Conflicts of Interest (COI).
- Who is an Investigator? provides an overview of who is an Investigator for purposes of conflict of interest.
- Completing COI Training provides instructions for UArizona employees on completing the Conflict of Interest Required Disclosure Training.
- What if I don't have any Outside Interests? provides instructions on completing a COI disclosure when you do not have any Significant Financial Interests (SFIs) or Significant Personal Interests (SPIs).
- How do I add a project to my COI disclosure? provides instructions on how to manually add a non-sponsored research project to your COI disclosure.
- The Consulting Agreement Addendum Template can be used as an addendum to any consulting agreement you sign or as guidance on common issues that may arise in a consulting arrangement that may relate to your university employment. This Addendum is not legal advice or a substitute for legal advice from your attorney.
More information on Consulting Agreements is available on our Consulting Agreements webpage.
How do I get COI information?
- Need COI Info? provides information on how to access the Research-Conflict of Interest Dashboard, available in UAccess Analytics, to get information such as disclosure and training statuses and project-based statuses.
Investigational New Drugs and Devices
- Investigational New Drug (IND) Flowchart provides information on the intersection between COI and IRB for approval of an IND.
- Investigational New Device (IDE) Flowchart provides information on the intersection between COI and IRB for approval of an IDE.
- The IND/IDE COI Worksheet should be submitted to the COI Office when UArizona will sponsor an IND or IDE.
More information on INDs and IDEs is available on our Investigational New Drug or Device Exemption webpage.
Licensing Intellectual Property
More information about licensing ABOR-owened Intellectual Property is available on our Licensing Intellectual Property webpage.