Adding Personnel to a Protocol
Download and email this form to add new personnel to an approved, draft or pending protocol: Personnel Amendment Form
- Completion of all animal activity-specific certification and training is required before being listed on a protocol. Protocols cannot be approved until the PI has completed all certification and training.
- Individuals (faculty, staff, students, volunteers) who will conduct animal activities must be listed on the approved IACUC protocol.
Certification needed for inclusion on a protocol
See the eSirius Protocol and Amendment Submissions page for a video on how to view the protocol participation requirements on the Protocol Title & Description page of the protocol.
- For approved protocols, all courses listed on the Protocol Title & Description page are required. Contact the IACUC staff for requirements for draft or pending protocols.
- First time and returning users of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) training modules should view the CITI Instruction Page for assistance.
General Rodent Surgery Training:
- Click here to schedule GRST training, if performing survival or non-survival surgery on rats or mice
- Email email@example.com to request an exemption to the GRST requirement if you are an MD or DVM
- A combination of online and hands-on surgical training may be required prior to performing non-survival or survival surgery independently. Direct observation by a UAC veterinarian may be required for individual surgeons and/or new surgical procedures to ensure surgical competency. The details of the Surgical Training Program are listed here.
Risk Assessment Questionnaire (RAQ):
- The Animal Hazards Program (AHP) is federally mandated and animal researchers must participate in the program. Individuals participate in the AHP by submitting the online RAQ form. Occupational Health reviews the RAQ and the individual or protocol contact may be emailed for additional information. Depending on the animal activities, an individual may require medical surveillance which could include a clinic visit, vaccinations or diagnostic tests.
- For most protocols, personnel can be processed once a personalized email from Occupational Health is sent, indicating the RAQ has been received and is being processed, NOT when the form is first submitted to Occupational Health.
- Update May 2019: Please note, Occupational Health is currently changing their program, and as such, have a delay in processing their RAQ requests. Thank you for your patience during these delays.
Cervical dislocation/decapitation without anesthesia:
- Hands on training is required by at least one participant on the protocol to perform euthanasia by cervical dislocation or decapitation without anesthesia (excludes altricial rodents <7 days of age). Email UAC to schedule: UAC-Clinical@email.arizona.edu
Retro-orbital blood collection:
- Hands on training is required by at least one participant on the protocol to perform retro-orbital blood collection. Email UAC to schedule: UAC-Clinical@email.arizona.edu
Other hands-on training:
- UAC provides additional hand-on training in standard live animal procedures upon request. Email UAC to schedule: UAC-Clinical@email.arizona.edu