Overview & Application Guidance
In 2009, the University of Arizona Foundation established this fellowship in honor of George H. Davis, Executive Vice President and Provost at the University of Arizona from 2000 to 2007. The fellowship defrays costs associated with invited participation in prestigious national or international conferences, lectureships, exhibitions, and the like. It is intended to increase visibility and networking opportunities, and to provide timely recognition in research, scholarship, and creative activities. Funds can be used for travel, accommodations, and scholarly preparation of products emanating from the experience.
Timing: Applications are due October 23, 2017.
Eligibility: Tenure-eligible faculty within their first four years at the UA, in any field.
Application: Accepted via UA's Competition Space online application site.
Questions on how to use UA Competition Space? Download instructions here.
Briefly, the following will be required:
- Proposal request under 1,000 words.
- Updated CV
- Budget and justification
- Documentation of invitation
- Letter of recommendation
Questions should be directed to Research Development Services.
- Dr. Corey Abramson, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Dr. Christine Berry, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Dr. Paige Scalf, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Beth Weinstein, Assistant Professor of Architecture
- Dr. Emma Blake, Assistant Professor of Anthropology and
- Dr. Jeff Sallaz, Assistant Professor of Sociology