- Radiation safety training is required for all individuals working with radiation.
- Newly hired radiation workers have 45 days to complete training.
- Staff are required to attend an in-service annually. Physicians are required to attend once every three (3) years.
- In-services are tailored to radiation use and department.
- Medical student clerkships involving exposure to ionizing radiation are assignments of short duration only under a physician’s supervision. An in-service may not be required.
To request a department in-service contact Research Laboratory & Safety Services at 626-6850. Please include contact name, department, phone number, and possible dates and times.