Jump to section:
Complete and Recertify your HIPAA Training
- First time users: Follow the HIPAA Training Certification registration instructions
- To recertify/renew: If you receive a message from UAccess Learning saying that your HIPAA Certification is in "Warning" status, that means it is time to recertify. Please follow these HIPAA training recertification instructions to enroll in the right course. Note: you cannot recertify until your certification is in warning status.
If you are having problems logging into UAccess Learning:
- You must be either a University of Arizona employee or student engaged in university business towards a degree.
- Double check you are using your correct NetID login and password.
- If you reach a screen with the message “Attention! You have reached this page in error. Please return to the link that brought you to this page,” return to the UAccess hompage and click on the “Learning” link again.
- Clear Browser History. If you are still having problems, such as a blank screen or error message, try logging out of all UA WebAuth systems and clearing your browser history and cache. Once you have cleared your history, close down and then reopen your browser.
- Open Incognito Window. Instead of clearing your browser history, you can try opening an incognito or “private” window.
If you continue to have problems logging in to UAccess Learning, please contact the UITS 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324) or (877) 522-7929. More information can be found here.
If you are having problems registering for the HIPAA Certification:
- Make sure you are following the HIPAA Certification registration instructions
- If you receive an “invalid Learner ID” message, this likely means that your learner account ID within UAccess Learning has to be “activated.” Contact Scott Pryor (email@example.com) and indicate that you received the “invalid Learner ID” message.
- If you are a student or a Designated Campus Colleague and you are logging into UAccess Learning for the first time, you likely won't see any certification or course options listed in the Find Learning view. If that's the case, please wait several hours and then try again.
- If you are still having difficulties enrolling into HIPAA 101, contact VPR-IRB@email.arizona.edu for more assistance.
If you are having problems with loading the training content:
- Use Chrome or Firefox. Microsoft Edge is not supported, and Safari and Explorer occasionally run into problems.
- Enable Pop-up Blockers. If nothing is popping up, then your “Pop-Up Blockers” could be stopping the modules from launching correctly.
- UAccess Learning may be running slowly—be patient (if you see a rotating circle icon in the upper right hand of your screen that means the program is still loading).
- Try clearing your browser history, opening an incognito window (described above), or using a different supported browser then the one you tried.
- Try restarting your device.
If you are still having technical difficulties with viewing content within UAccess Learning, contact UITS 24/7 (520) 626-TECH (8324) or (877) 522-7929.
How do I access a copy of my HIPAA Certification?
- Navigate to UAccess “My Learning” link. Your certification status for HIPAA should be listed under the title “My Certification Status” and the status should be listed as “Complete.” Click on the Printer icon (to the far right) to either print or save a PDF and email to yourself/your manager.
NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours after you complete the HIPAA 101 training modules before it will appear in your “My Learning” certification history. If you have waited at least 24 hours AFTER you have taken the HIPAA 101 course and still are unable to access your certificate of completion in the “My Learning” link, then contact VPR-IRB@email.arizona.edu for more assistance.
I have previously taken HIPAA 101 and I am just trying to recertify. Which HIPAA 101 course do I need to enroll in to get credit for recertification?
- If you are re-certifying (meaning you have previously taken the HIPAA 101 training), then please follow the HIPAA training recertification instructions. You should enroll for HIPAA 101, class code UA-1225-1.
- Learners that are taking HIPAA training for the first time should follow the instructions to register for the HIPAA Certification and take HIPAA 101 1225-0.
After I have completed my HIPAA 101 training, how often do I need to recertify to keep current on my training obligations?
- All members of the University of Arizona workforce who access protected health information (PHI) and/or perform work and/or research in an UA Health Care Component (HCC) as part of their job responsibilities must complete HIPAA 101 training in UAccess Learning within thirty (30) days of joining UA and annually thereafter. You will receive an email notification forty-five (45) days prior to expiration of your HIPAA certificate notifying you that will need to recertify. Complete your recertification as soon as possible after receiving that notification to stay current in your HIPAA 101 training.
I am having trouble advancing from one module to another module. For example, each time I try to advance, it loops me back to the prior module. How do I advance the training?
You likely have not clicked through all of the content and animations in the eLearning module. The eLearning module will not let you advance to the next module unless you have first clicked through each active component of the module--including each animation within each slide. This is the only way for the module to register as complete. If you are still having difficulties advancing the training past a particular module and you have gone back through and confirmed that you have clicked through each animation on each slide within the module, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When I get to the last module, their is no "launch" button. How do I get the last module to launch?
The last component to the HIPAA 101 training is not an eLearning module. Rather, it is a review of UA's HIPAA Policy. To launch this component (and complete the course), you will need to click on the title of the component ("Review UA HIPAA Policy") and follow the instructions to the next page.