If you are having problems logging into UAccess Learning:
- You must be either a University of Arizona employee or student engaged in university business towards a degree.
- Double check you are using your correct NetID login and password.
- If you reach a screen with the message “Attention! You have reached this page in error. Please return to the link that brought you to this page,” return to uaccess.arizona.edu and click on the “Learning” link again. You should be logged into UAccess Learning.
- Clear Browser History. If you are still having problems, such as a blank screen or error message, try clearing your browser history cache. Once you have cleared your history, close out of your browser and reopen your browser.
- Open Incognito Window. Instead of clearing your browser history, you can try opening an incognito or “private” window.
If working off campus, you must login via the University of Arizona VPN using your UA NetID/password before logging into UAccess Learning. Beginning April 2015, UA faculty, staff and students were required to use NetID+ to access Virtual Private Network. NetID+ is two-factor authentication to enhance the security of campus information. NetID+ login requires a username, password, and a one-time use password generated via your phone or a token device. General VPN Information.
If you are using a Chrome browser, right click on the Chrome icon, select “New Incognito Window,” type uaccess.arizona.edu in the URL and input your NetID and password.
If you are using an Internet Explorer browser, right click on the Internet Explorer icon with the three dots to the far right of your URL bar, select “New InPrivate Window,” type uaccess.arizona.edu into the URL bar and input your NetID and password.
If you have problems with the VPN client or UAccess Learning, please contact the UITS 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324) or (877) 522-7929. More information can be found here: http://uits.arizona.edu/departments/the247.
If you are having problems with enrolling in HIPAA 101:
- Follow the HIPAA 101 enrollment instructions
- If you attempt to enroll, but you received an “invalid Learner ID” message, this likely means that your learner account ID within UAccess Learning has to be “activated.” Contact Scott Pryor (email@example.com) and indicate that you received the “invalid Learner ID” message.
- If you are still having difficulties enrolling into HIPAA 101, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more assistance.
If you are having problems with loading the training content:
- Enable Pop-up Blockers. If nothing is popping up, then your “Pop-Up Blockers” could be stopping the modules from launching correctly.
- UAccess Learning may be running slowly—be patient (if you see a rotating circle icon in the upper right hand of your screen that means the program is still loading).
- Try clearing your browser history, opening an incognito window (described above), or using a different supported browser then the one you tried.
- Try restarting your device.
If you are still having technical difficulties with viewing content within UAccess Learning, contact UITS 24/7 (520) 626-TECH (8324) or (877) 522-7929.
I completed my HIPAA 101 certification/recertification, how do I access a copy of my certification:
- Navigate to UAccess “My Learning” link. Your certification status for HIPAA 101 should be listed under the title “My Certification Status” and the status should be listed as “Complete.” Click on the Printer icon (to the far right) to either print or save a PDF and email to yourself/your manager.
NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours after you complete the HIPAA 101 training modules before it will appear in your “My Learning” certification history. If you have waited at least 24 hours AFTER you have taken the HIPAA 101 course and still are unable to access your certificate of completion in the “My Learning” link, then contact email@example.com for more assistance.
I have previously taken HIPAA 101 and I am just trying to recertify. How do I recertify?
The "recertify" links in UAccess do not currently function properly. In order to recertify, follow these instructions:
- Log in to UAccess Learning: http://uaccess.arizona.edu
- Click on “Find Learning” to navigate to the course catalog
- Using the keyword search bar, search for “HIPAA 101"
- Enroll in HIPAA 101, class code UA-1225-1
- Navigate to My Learning
- Click on the course title to begin completing the modules
I have previously taken HIPAA 101 and I am just trying to recertify.Which HIPAA 101 course do I need to enroll in to get credit for recertification?
- If you are re-certifying (meaning you have previously taken the HIPAA 101 training), then you should register for HIPAA 101 UA-1225-1. Learners that are taking HIPAA 101 training for the first time should register and take HIPAA 101 1225-0.
- If you have questions about which HIPAA 101 course to enroll in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After I have completed my HIPAA 101 training, how often do I need to recertify to keep current on my training obligations?
- All members of the University of Arizona workforce who access protected health information (PHI) and/or perform work and/or research in an UA Health Care Component (HCC) as part of their job responsibilities must complete HIPAA 101 training in UAccess Learning within thirty (30) days of joining UA and annually thereafter. You will receive an email notification forty-five (45) days prior to expiration of your HIPAA certificate notifying you that will need to recertify. Complete your recertification as soon as possible after receiving that notification to stay current in your HIPAA 101 training.
I am having trouble advancing from one module to another module. For example, each time I try to advance, it loops me back to the prior module. How do I advance the training?
You likely have not clicked through all of the content and animations in the eLearning module. The eLearning module will not let you advance to the next module unless you have first clicked through each active component of the module--including each animation within each slide. This is the only way for the module to register as complete. If you are still having difficulties advancing the training past a particular module and you have gone back through and confirmed that you have clicked through each animation on each slide within the module, then please contact email@example.com.
When I get to the last module, their is no "launch" button. How do I get the last module to launch?
The last component to the HIPAA 101 training is not an eLearning module. Rather, it is a review of UA's HIPAA Policy. To launch this component (and complete the course), you will need to click on the title of the component ("Review UA HIPAA Policy") and follow the instructions to the next page.