Getting Started with eSirius
The UA IACUC only accepts protocol and protocol amendment submissions through the web-based eSirius 3G program.
- All personnel currently listed on an active protocol have access to eSirius 3G.
- New Principal Investigators must establish an eSirius account by emailing the IACUC Office with their contact information, including UA NetID.
- eSiruis 3G can be accessed from a UA computer or through a VPN, using your UA NetID and password. Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. eSirius 3G does not work with Internet Explorer.
Guidance on Submitting an IACUC Protocol or Amendment
- How to submit an Amendment. NOTE: If you are making changes to protocol personnel, not the protocol itself, see Adding Personnel to an IACUC Protocol.
- How to submit a De Novo Review (Renewal Protocol). Protocols are approved for a one-year (USDA regulated species) or three-year period (all other species), after which a new protocol is submitted to the IACUC for de novo (“as new”) review. If your protocol expires, all work with animals must stop immediately.
- How to submit a New Protocol. Prior to submitting a new protocol, contact the IACUC Office to determine if the protocol could be an amendment to an existing protocol. Protocols submitted as new, which should be amendments to an existing protocol, are cancelled.
eSirius 3G Manual and Help
The eSirius 3G manual for Principal Investigators is available through the University Animal Care (UAC) web page. Contact the IACUC Office for additional assistance with using eSirius 3G or to request in-person training.
- To access the manual, select Staff Login at the bottom left of the UAC main page.
- Log in using your UA NetID and password.
- The manual is found under the Investigator Information, eSirius3G section. Specific guidance on submitting protocols and amendments is found below.
Viewing the Approved Protocol Documents in eSirius
- Log into eSirius 3G
- Select the Principal Investigator whose protocol you wish to view from the pull down list at the top of the screen
- Select the Protocol Management option under the Mailbox header
- For approved protocols:
- On the Protocol Actions tab, click the row with the protocol you wish to view (row turns yellow)
- Click the "View Approved Protocol" button
- Click the hyperlinked protocol number for the version at the top of the list. This will be the currently approved version of the protocol.
- On the relevant tab (Draft Protocols, Draft Amendments, Protocol/Amendment in Review), click the row with the protocol you wish to view (row turns yellow)
- Click on the "Preview Protocol" button
You will need Acrobat Reader version 8.0 or higher to open the PDF forms attached in eSirius. To avoid browser issues when accessing the forms, right click on the hyperlink and select “save target as” or “save link as” to save the file directly to your hard drive. After saving, close the web browser and open the saved document. This process must also be used in eSirius to open the attachments when using Chrome as the browser or to save the attachments (Chrome or Firefox).
Breeding Addenda, sample Compounding SOPs and Client Owned Animal forms can be found on the Forms page.