The Arizona Department of Health Services, Arizona Biomedical Research Commission (ABRC) has released Request for Grant Application (RFGA) announcements for the 2017 Investigator Grant (ADHS17-00007403), and New Investigator Award (ADHS17-00007401) programs. Both RFGAs are due July 11th, 2017 at 3:00 PM Local Arizona Time.
The PI/Department should email a complete Letter of Intent to Sponsored Projects Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 PM July 5th, 2017. The Letters of Intent must be submitted by Sponsored Projects Services (SPS) via the ProcureAZ website on behalf of the PI/Department. Do not register with ProcureAZ individually. If you have questions, please contact Sponsored Projects by email or phone (email@example.com or 626-6000) and not ABRC.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the applicable RFGA carefully:
- 17-00007403, AZ IG (Arizona Investigator Grant) RFGA
- 17-00007401 AZ NIA (Arizona New Investigator Award) RFGA
Fillable Letter of Intent (LOI) forms for the AZ IG and AZ NIA RFGAs are included below. Please note that the package includes a Cover Page and Letter of Intent Attachment A which must be provided to Sponsored Projects Services as one coomplete PDF file.
Fillable LOI PDFs:
- ADHS17-00007403, AZ IG (Arizona Investigator Grant) LOI
- ADHS17-00007401, AZ NIA (Arizona New Investigator Award) LOI
The ABRC RFGA states:
3. Available Funds - ADHS17-00007403 AZ IG (Arizona Investigator Grant)
- 3.1. Maximum award per AZ IG application up to two hundred fifty thousand ($250,000.00.00) annually and maximum project duration up to three (3) years from the award date.
3. Available Funds - ADHS17-00007401 AZ NIA (Arizona New Investigator Grant)
- 3.1 Maximum award per AZ NIA application up to seventy-five thousand ($75,000.00) annually and maximum project duration up to three (3) years from the award date.
7.2.1. Indirect costs are allowed however cannot exceed ten percent (10%) of the total direct cost for each budget year
- 10% Total Direct Cost: For example, in a $100,000 budget $90,909 may be requested in direct cost and the associated 10% F&A (Facilities & Administrative indirect cost) would be $9,090. Please use 10% TDC when preparing your budgets. If your proposal includes a subcontract and the subcontractor is requesting the 10% allowable indirect cost rate, UA indirect costs should be calculated at a 10% Modified Total Direct Cost Rate (10% of all direct costs less all subcontractor costs).
- Budget format: In the past ABRC accepted budgets in any format as long as they're included in Attachment A of the application. Make sure to include a separate budget for each year requested and a cumulative budget is also recommended.
Again, please do not register yourself with ProcureAZ; contact SPS and we will submit the proposal in the ProcureAZ system.